Over the years, Snapchat streaks also known as Snapstreaks, have become an integral part of the Snapchat experience. Starting a streak and maintaining it, requires you to engage with your friend at least once every 24 hours.
The streak vanishes if you fail to send a new Snap within 24 hours since the last Snap. Maintaining a streak is like playing a game of chicken, the longer it lasts, the higher the stakes get. Needless to say, having long streaks with your bests friends does come with a sense of accomplishment and perhaps even helps reinforce your friendship.
Once your Snapchat Streak is lost, it brings you back to square one. Weeks, even months of effort and consistency can be undone if you forget to send in your daily snaps. Thankfully, there is a way to get your Snapstreaks back.
It requires the submission of a formal request to Snapchat and its executives. Even though it is not guaranteed that your Streak will be reinstated and a lot rests on the hands of the Snapchat executives. Yet, the loss of a long enough Streak warrants an attempt at saving it. So if your Snapchat Streak is lost, here is how you can get it back.
How Did I Lose My Snapchat Streaks?
Many things can lead you to lose your Snapchat Streak. If you have lost your Streak, here is a list of instances that might have caused it:
- Not sending a Snap in 24 hours: You would lose your streak if you or your friend forgot to send in Snaps. In this case, restarting the Streak is your only option.
- Poor internet connection while sending the Snap: The Snap can get stuck in transit if you lose your internet connection while sending it. You will lose the streak if you cross the 24-hour mark by the time your connection is restored.
- Server traffic: Sometimes the faulty link in the network can be on the other side as well. Delays caused by an overloaded server can make you lose your streak.
- Temporary or permanent suspension of account: If you get a temporary or permanent suspension from Snapchat, you will lose all your Streaks. Conversely, if your friend gets their account suspended, your Streak with them, naturally, will end.
- Bugs and glitches: Snapchat is plagued with glitches. More often than none, it starts affecting the message delivery system and can cause delays. If you have been noticing glitches in your app since the latest update. These glitches are probably the reason you lost your Streak.
Is It Possible To Recover Snapchat Streaks?
Yes, it is possible to get get your Streak back if your Snapchat Streak is lost. Snapchat Users can lose their Streaks for a host of reasons. Some consequential of their actions, like forgetting to send Snaps. or not able to send snaps.
However, more often than none, bugs and glitches can be the reasons as well. An average user has no control over these and is often oblivious to their existence.
Thankfully, Snapchat recognizes the problem and does allow its users to make a plea to reinstate their Streaks. The process requires you to fill up a contact form on the mobile app or a browser. However, there are some things you might want to consider before you make your appeal:
- Snapchat will reinstate your streak only if it concludes that the loss was due to a bug or accident on its end. To put it simply, reinstating your lost streak is not a feature, rather it is a concession from Snapchat where they give you the benefit of the doubt.
- The chances of Snapchat giving you your streak back are uncertain. However, the fact that they won’t repeat their concession multiple times is certain. It is hence recommended that you do not make multiple appeals within a short period.
- If you have lost multiple streaks, you should probably appeal only to reinstate the longest one.
How To Get Snapchat Streak Back?
As mentioned above. You will have to appeal to Snapchat by filling out a contact form with all the necessary details. The details include things like:
- The length of the streak: If you can accurately guess the length of the streak, it will help the executives reinstate the streak.
- Account details: Account details of both your and your friends will be needed.
- Hourglass icon: An hourglass icon shows up whenever the Streak is about to end. If it glitches and fails to show up. Snapchat will reinstate your streak.
1. On Mobile Devices:
- Go to your profile and tap on the gear icon on the top right side.
- Scroll down to the ‘Support’ section and tap on ‘I Need Help’.
- Now you can see a list of potential problems, select the one labeled ‘I Lost My Snap Streak’.
- Fill up the contact form that appears below it, with the basic information of your account, and submit it.
2. On Desktop
- Go to www.support.snapchat.com.
- Select ‘I lost my Snapstreak.
- Fill up the form provided with the basic account information asked and submit it.
Once you have submitted the form. The only thing you can do is wait for a response. Once the Snapchat team has gone through your application. They will wither choose to approve or decline your claim. Cross your fingers and wait for the response.
How To Actively Maintain A Streak Easily?
Now that your lost Snapchat Streak is back, you have to take measures to make sure that you don’t lose it again. One way of maintaining your Snapchat Streak, of course, is by making sure that it does not end in the first place.
Maintaining streaks is by no means laborious. It is rather repetitive. Here is a list of things you could do to make sure you don’t lose out streaks:
- Set a reminder: In this fast-paced world, you can often forget to send in your daily streaks. It is however recommended that you set reminders on your phone to send in snaps whenever you anticipate that you would be free to do so.
- Send simple and quick snaps: Sending simple, and perhaps sometimes biennial snaps, can save you both time and trouble daily. Yet keeps the streaks up for the next 24 hours until you have to do it again.
- Schedule your Snapchat time: Determining a set time of the day when you can sit down and go through your socials will not only help you keep up the streaks but also help you limit your time on your phone.
- Make a habit: Needless to say, if you follow the steps mentioned above, you will ultimately develop a habit. Something which will come naturally to you once you get used to it. After which, keeping up streaks will become a subconscious affair.
Snapstreaks are among the few small and somewhat insignificant things. Which despite being small and insignificant, improves the overall experience of being on the internet. And hopefully, our guide came in handy and helped you retain that small yet significant piece of experience.
As an Applied Physics major, the world of science and technology, to me, is a realm full of things to learn, things to discover, things to teach, and information to be passed on. Technology in all its glory always intrigues me. From the latest iPhone to the latest development in Microfluidics, nothing falls out of my scope of writing.