Is Facebook Marketplace not working on your device? You’ve come to the right place, as we are about to address this common issue. The Facebook marketplace was a sub-platform added to Facebook back in 2016 as a means to buy and sell items within the community.
In many ways, it works similarly to any other online marketplace where users can list items along with their pictures and pricing details, and buyers can pick the products and connect to sellers to make purchases.
Since 2016, it’s been a go-to social media destination for buying and selling electronic items, clothing, services, household items, and more.
However, for several reasons, the Facebook marketplace may become inaccessible for many users, such as difficulties with signing in or not locating the marketplace option in the main menu.
Let’s understand the reasons behind this issue and find quick solutions to get you back to the Facebook marketplace.
What is the ‘Marketplace Isn’t Available to You’ Error?
Sometimes, when you try to access the Facebook marketplace, you will encounter an error saying ‘Marketplace Isn’t Available to You.’ It indicates that certain Facebook marketplace rules prevent you from accessing your account.
As the marketplace becomes unavailable, you won’t be able to access it from your Facebook account. Here are some of the problems you might encounter:
- The Facebook Marketplace icon disappears from your Facebook app or desktop website. Usually, the option appears in the main menu on the screen’s left side.
- If the marketplace option is somehow available in the main menu, clicking on it will result in an error message stating, ‘Marketplace Isn’t Available To You.’ The error message may also highlight the reason why you are not able to access the service.
- You may not be able to use all the features of the marketplace. For instance, you can browse the products but may not be able to connect with the seller or list products for sale on your account.
Why Is Facebook Marketplace Not Working?
Here are some of the most common reasons why the Facebook marketplace is not working:
1. Issues with Facebook Account:
Facebook account is the only way to access the marketplace. However, you must follow the guidelines outlined by Facebook. Here are the account-related issues that can trigger problems with the marketplace:
- If you have a new account, you won’t be able to access the marketplace, as this feature is only available to verified users. Facebook has implemented this restriction to eliminate potential scammers and ensure a safe environment for buyers and sellers. To be able to use the marketplace, you will have to be active on Facebook for a certain period.
- If you have violated the Facebook marketplace guidelines, you may lose access to your account permanently, resulting in the unavailability of the marketplace.
2. Location-based Restrictions
It’s important to know that the Facebook marketplace is available only in 70 countries at the moment. If you reside outside these countries, I’m afraid the service won’t be available to you. Even if you create the account in a country where Marketplace is available and relocate to the one where it’s not, you won’t be able to access the service.
3. Age Limitation:
If the age mentioned in your account is less than 18, you won’t gain access to the marketplace. Due to the involvement of financial transactions, Facebook doesn’t allow minors to use the Marketplace.
4. Internet Issues:
One of the most frequent reasons the Facebook marketplace is not working could be a poor internet connection. A sluggish or unstable internet connection may interrupt your website access or result in a slow-responding marketplace.
5. Device Compatibility:
Facebook is compatible only with selected devices and may not work on older/outdated ones. As a result, you will be barred from downloading the app if your device is significantly aged. The list of devices supported by the Facebook app is available on the official website or in your device’s app store. The Facebook application is no longer compatible with Android version 2.3 or iOS 7 or older.
6. Outdated Facebook/OS/Web browser:
If you run an old web browser on your device, there might be a problem loading the Facebook website. Additionally, a dated version of your device’s operating system or Facebook app may also result in the app’s unavailability, thus stopping you from accessing the marketplace feature.
What to Do when the FaceBook Marketplace is Not Working?
Now that we know the potential reasons behind the issue, let’s explore some quick solutions. We will start with the basic troubleshooting and progress to more complex ones. Please apply the solutions in the same order as listened to below.
1. Check Your Internet Connection:
Before you start troubleshooting, quickly check your internet and ensure you’re connected to a stable and fast connection. In case you are using wireless, restart your modem and connect to the internet again. For further troubleshooting, contact your service provider.
2. Exit the Facebook App and Sign In Again:
The first step to regain access to the Facebook marketplace is by signing out and exiting the app. Simply, click the Log Out button and close the application. In case, you are using the app, make sure you remove it from the recent app menu.
After a few minutes, load the Facebook website and sign in to your Facebook account again. It will clear any potential account-related glitches and you might be able to access the marketplace feature again.
3. Restart Your Device:
Next, give a quick reboot to your device. It will clear any software-related bugs and clear the memory for the time being. Simply turn off the device and turn it back on after 20-30 seconds.
4. Update the Facebook App:
If you are unable to access the Marketplace feature on your smartphone or tablet, give a quick check to the app version. Go to the App Store/Google Play Store and download if there is an update available for the Facebook application.
If yes, download the update and restart your device. Log in to check if the issue persists. If yes, move on to the next solution.
5. Check for Software Updates:
If you are sure your device is compatible with the Facebook app, probably you are running outdated software which is causing the issue with the application. Go to device settings and check for an update.
1. For Android devices:
- Tap the gear icon to launch the Phone Settings.
- Scroll down to System or About Phone.
- Tap on Software Update/System Update.
The device will check for available updates (if any). Tap on Download and Install to proceed.
2. For iOS devices:
- Tap the Gear icon and open System Settings.
- Please scroll down to General and tap on it.
- Select Software Update.
Your device will check for new OS updates; if there are any, you will see the version number, size, and other details.
- Tap on Download & Install to continue the download.
- Enter the passcode and follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
6. Change Facebook Language and Region, and Account Age
Next, modify your Facebook account settings to ensure you fulfill the requirements for accessing the Facebook marketplace. For instance, you must operate from a country where Facebook permits using Marketplace. You can get the details of supported countries from the official website.
Please remember that you will only get the local ads relevant to the region you are switching to after changing the region. That means you won’t have to engage in local buying and selling within your area and must rely on shipping.
1. To change the Language and Region:
- Launch Facebook and click on the arrow in the screen’s top-right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Settings & Privacy.
- Next, click Settings and choose Language and Region from the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Edit button before the Facebook language and Region format.
Make sure you only choose the region where the marketplace feature is allowed. Once you are done, exit Facebook and sign in again.
Alternatively, you can also use a VPN program and let Facebook detect your location automatically.
2. To Change Account Age:
If you are below 18, according to the age you provided at the time of Facebook registration, you will not have access to the marketplace feature. Although you can easily modify the age from account settings, I advise you to take this step only if you are above 18.
Here are the steps to change the age:
- Click on your Facebook profile picture from the main menu to access your Profile Settings.
- Under your profile picture, select See Your About Info.
- Below the About section, locate Basic Info and click on the EDIT button next to it.
- Go to the Birthday section and click the EDIT button.
- Adjust your date of birth in the pop-up window and click on Save Changes.
- If prompted, you may need to provide additional proof of your age. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
7. Reinstall Facebook:
If nothing has worked so far, uninstall the Facebook app from your device and download it again. It will eliminate any app-related issues and clear the memory.
Simply tap and hold on to the app and select the uninstall option. Next, go to the App Store/Google Play Store and download the latest version of the Facebook application on your device. Barring any account-related problems, this should help you gain access to the marketplace feature.
8. Clear Browser Cookies and App Cache:
To access Facebook through a web browser, you must clear the cache memory and browser cookies. This will free up some space, ensuring that the website loads properly. Sometimes, the cache memory gets cluttered with temporary files, preventing the website from functioning.
To clear the cache and cookies, take the following steps:
1. For Web Browser:
- Launch Google Chrome and click on the 3-dots icon in the screen’s top-right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Settings.
- Click on Privacy and Security and select Clear browsing data.
- Check the boxes next to Cookies, other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Click on Clear Data to proceed.
2. For Android Devices:
- Tap the gear icon to open Phone Settings.
- Select Apps & notifications and tap on See All Apps.
- Scroll down and select Facebook app.
- Tap on Storage & cache.
- Select Clear Cache.
3. For iOS Devices:
In iOS, you can clear cache memory only by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Press and hold on to the Facebook app and tap the X icon to proceed. Next, go to the App Store and download the latest version of Facebook.
9. Disable Browser Extensions and Add-ons:
Some third-party browser extensions and add-ons may interfere with the Facebook website’s functioning and prevent it from operating smoothly. So, if you have any of those installed, consider disabling them for a while and trying to access the Facebook marketplace.
The extension icon, resembling a puzzle piece shape, is usually on the address bar’s right side. Click on it and disable all the add-ons from the list. Restart the browser and try to reload the Facebook website.
10. Contact Facebook Support:
If the Facebook marketplace is still not working for you somehow, the Facebook Help Center is the last resort. Here, you can connect to the company’s support team and explain your issue through an online form. After a detailed account assessment, the team will work on it and inform you when it’s solved.
Is Facebook Marketplace Not Working Today?
If you cannot access the Facebook marketplace now, it’s natural to wonder whether the service currently faces downtime. Let me clarify that the Facebook marketplace is an associated platform feature and may face unexpected shutdown along with the website.
Facebook websites often experience blackouts for various technical reasons; in this case, you won’t be able to access the marketplace.
We have verified from multiple sources that Facebook (marketplace) currently operates normally. Our team didn’t detect any technical issues with it. You can always check the status of the website on Downforeveryoneorjustme or Downdetector.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Make sure you have the latest version of the Facebook app and that the iOS version in your iPhone is compatible with the Facebook app.
Facebook Help Center is the official helpline for all the issues related to the website, including Marketplace.
To unblock the Facebook marketplace, try changing your location and account age. Disable your browser extensions and clear the cache memory if that doesn’t work.
‘Policy violations and located-related issues usually cause Facebook Marketplace Not Working’ error. I hope the methods outlined in this guide will help you return to the Marketplace without contacting customer care.
If you are blocked from using Marketplace for violating the rules, you can send a review request from the Marketplace section on the website. Also,
I am an engineer by education, tech writer by profession, and a motor sport fan by heart.