Despite the release of many social media platforms, Facebook remains one of the top spots. Not only just socializing, but it is also used by many as a source of income. Many influencers, creators, and small businesses keep posting on Facebook for networking.
But still, many users don’t get enough traffic on their pages. There are many reasons behind it. Apart from the quality of content, there are some other factors also. But does it include the best time for posting on Facebook? Are you curious about the best time to post on Facebook? Then maybe you are at the right place.
This article will tell you the best time to post on Facebook.
Does Timing Of Posts Even Matters On Facebook?
Yes, timing is essential. To get more users to engage with your content on Facebook, you need to find your target audience and when they are active on the platform. This rule applies to users who have an established audience. There’s no perfect time to post for them; they should analyze their followers (discussed later in the article).
On the other hand, if you are comparatively new and are in the process of gathering followers, then timing is crucial for you. It helps you get a good engagement in the early hours of uploading a post. You have to get the attention of the Facebook algorithm.
Every kind of post has a different set of users, and these users are decided based on the algorithm, It is a kind of score of any post. The score is based on what Facebook thinks is the most relevant content for each user. The goal is to keep people on the site longer. Even though the exact details of the formula are kept secret, we do know that it has three parts:
- Who posted it: The algorithm will put a user who produces videos of a particular genre over any other video. For example, if I view funny videos, then the algorithm will put posts of users who usually post funny content over other content.
- User’s preferred content: Every user has preferred content. It is based on an algorithm that reads what kind of content you watch. It’ll prioritize each user’s preferred content type in their Feed.
- Post engagement: Engagement is how often the post has been liked, commented on, saved, or shared.
You can’t do much about who posted it unless you add a bunch of possible followers as friends, which you shouldn’t do. You *might* be able to find out what kind of content your audience likes by looking at how they use social media. But engagement is part of the algorithm you can change the most.
The time of post comes into play here. When you post when your audience is online, there are more chances for engagement. More engagement means that your posts will reach more people through the algorithm and appear in your followers’ feeds.
What Is The Best Time To Post On Facebook?
Before moving on to find When is the best time to post on Facebook, there are some things that you should note. There’s no universal best time to post on Facebook. There have been many studies that suggest slightly different best times to post on Facebook. Here we’ll discuss some of those studies, and you can refer to any one of them.
1. According To SproutSocial:
From a survey of their client’s Facebook posts, Sprout Social was able to come to some general conclusions. Please note that these timings are in Central Time Zone (CST). Change the timings according to your time zones. The main things that Sprout Social found were:
- Wednesday at 11 am and 1 pm are the best times to post.
- Wednesday is the best day in general.
- Most people will be seen online between 9 am and 3 pm on weekdays.
- The worst day is Sunday when people are not active enough.
- The least amount of engagement will happen in the mornings and evenings, before 7 am and after 5 pm each day.
People are likelier to notice what you post on Facebook during the middle of the week, between mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Many people probably check their Facebook apps during their morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea breaks.
2. According To CoSchedule:
CoSchedule did things a little bit differently. They looked at the results of 25 studies to see if there were any patterns about the best times to post on Facebook in different fields. You can find the best time to post according to your industry later in the article. Here’s the general time to post on Facebook according to CoSchedule.
- Best day and time: Friday 7 pm, Monday/Wednesday 7 am or 3:15 pm
- Worst day and time: Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday, 2 am, 3 am, or 12 am
CoSchedule’s data showed that the worst times are when most people sleep, from 12:00 to 5:00 am. But again, keep in mind that this is according to the times in the respondents’ time zones.
3. According To HubSpot:
HubSpot, an American company that makes software and does marketing, polled more than 300 social media marketers in the U.S. for its 2022 Social Media Trends report. Along with information about brand inclusivity, expert polls, and (of course) the metaverse, the report also listed the best times to post on each platform. Here’s what the report suggests.
- Best day and time: Saturday, 3-9 pm
- Worst day and time: Monday 6-9 am and 9 pm-12 am
What Are The Best Time To Post On Facebook Overall:
If you see the overall perspective of posting on Facebook, here’s a time guide you should follow.
|Best time to post on Facebook
|8am, 9am, 12pm, 1pm
|9am, 11am, 4pm, 7am
|9am, 7am, 10am, 11am
|9am, 7am, 10am, 8am
|9am, 4pm, 11am, 10am
|9am, 7am, 4pm, 10am
|9am, 10am, 1pm, 8am
Best Time To Post On Facebook According To Sector:
The best time to post on Facebook depends also on your Sector. The genre or sector of the industry you are running has different audiences, and these audiences are active at different points in time. So, check the best time to post on Facebook according to your sector given below.
1. B2C Brands:
According to a study by CoSchedule, 9-10 am, 11-12 pm, and 4-5 pm are the optimal times of day for B2C brands to share content on Facebook. In most workplaces, these hours correspond to breaks like tea time or lunch breaks.
According to research from Sprout Social, B2C organizations should prioritize posting Facebook updates on Wednesdays at 1:00 pm and Fridays at 11:00 am. Besides those hours, Wednesday (1-3 pm), Friday (10-11 am), and Thursday (5-7 pm) also saw a lot of activity. Businesses that deal directly with consumers have found that the weekdays between 10 am to 5 pm are the most productive.
2. B2B Brands:
CoSchedule found that there was little distinction between B2B and B2C companies. According to them, 9 am and 3-4 pm are best for these companies to post their content.
3. Media Brands:
CoSchedule research found particular distinctions between media brands and the above-mentioned genres. Indeed, they found that posting on Facebook at 7 a.m., 11 a.m., and 6 p.m. for media brands brings maximum user engagement.
The opinion of SproutSocial is the same as that of CoSchedule in terms of Media brands. Media organizations can best reach their target audiences on Facebook between 8 and 9 am and 5 pm on Tuesdays. The time of 8-9 am and 5 pm on Wednesdays, as well as Thursdays, are pretty good as well.
4. Healthcare Brands:
Healthcare users are usually early risers, so they are available in the morning. According to CoSchedule, they read the most content during the morning hours. So, if you are a healthcare brand, you prefer posting between 6-7 am, 9 am, or 11 am and noon. Similarly, Sprout Social recommends morning uploads, i.e., mornings between 9 and 10 a.m.
5. Education Brand:
Students may be known for staying up late, but it doesn’t look like they use that time to check Facebook. Higher education brands seem to reach the most users before class or during breaks. According to CoSchedule, higher education posts are most prevalent at 8 a.m., noon, and 3 p.m.
Sprout Social takes a broad view in terms of education. They found that Wednesday at 9 am and Saturday at 5 pm are the best times to post on Facebook. Engagement is most likely to happen during the week between 9 am and 3 pm (when people are at school). But Saturdays between noon and 9 pm are also an excellent time to post on Facebook.
6. Tech Brands:
In their analysis, CoSchedule separated software businesses. They found that the best times for these businesses to post on Facebook were 9 a.m., 3 p.m., and 5 p.m.
Sprout Social found that 10 a.m. on Wednesday is the best time for tech companies. Engagement should be high from 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday. Even though techies have a terrible reputation, you shouldn’t post late at night or in the evening.
7. Non-Profit Brands:
Sprout Social says that Wednesday between 8 am and 9 am is the best time for non-profits to upload their posts on Facebook. People are likely to help non-profits every day between 8 am and 5 pm, which is the working week. On the other hand, they don’t see many people on the weekends or at night, so it’s probably best to avoid those times.
Tips For Posting On Facebook:
You can reach the most people on Facebook by posting at the right time and by following a few other tips. Here are some of them explained.
- Create Unique Content: Creating quality content is the most important thing you can do to get people to engage with you on Facebook. This means making useful, engaging, and fun posts for your readers. You can keep your followers engaged and involved with different kinds of content, like text, images, videos, and polls.
- Use the Facebook Insights tool: It is a very useful tool that can help you learn more about your audience, their locations, active time, etc. You can use it to determine how well your page is doing, how much your audience is interested in it, and what kind of content works best. With this information, you can change how you post and make content that your audience will like.
- Consistency: When you post on Facebook, it’s essential to do so consistently. You should try to post at least once every week at about the same time. This will help your audience look forward to your content and make it more likely that they will engage with it.
- Experiment: The best time to post on Facebook during the week is between 9 am and 3 pm, but you should try posting at different times to find out what works best for your audience. You can track your engagement rates with Facebook Insights and find out which times get the most engagement.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you’re looking to optimize your TikTok posts, it’s worth considering the best times to post for each day of the week. Based on Pacific Standard Time (PST), some suggested posting times include 9-10 am on Monday and Tuesday, as well as 5 am, 11 am, and 3 pm on Wednesday.
In general, some studies suggest that posting between 10 am and 2 pm (in your target audience’s local time) may be a good window to reach people who are active on the platform during that day. Additionally, posting on Sunday evenings between 6 pm and 8 pm may also be effective, as people may be winding down from their weekend activities and checking social media.
The best time to post on Facebook depends on various factors, such as your audience, location, and industry. While the consensus is that weekdays between 9 am and 3 pm are the best time to post, it’s essential to experiment with different posting times to see what works best for your audience. Also, check the posting time on Instagram.
By creating engaging content, using Facebook Insights, posting consistently, and experimenting with different posting times, you can find out which time is best for you.