iPhone has unique features that many Android phones lack, and one such feature many people don’t know is sending an invisible message for privacy reasons. If you want to know How To Send Invisible Messages Using iMessage, then you have landed at the right place, as I’m going to show you an easy and quick way to do that.
Just follow the steps I will mention, and you’ll learn this trick in just a minute or so. Let’s get started.
How To Send Invisible Messages Using iMessage?
To send an invisible message via iMessage, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the iMessage app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the contact to whom you want to send the invisible message.
- Type anything you want in your text and then tap and hold the “Send Button”.
- Now, you’ll get multiple options and you have to select “Send with Invisible Ink”.
- After that, click on the “Send Button,” and you are done.
That is it. Now, you have successfully sent your invisible message to your friend or colleague, and they’ll have to scratch that message to watch, or else you won’t see any content from your message. Pretty interesting, Right?
Even though sending an invisible message via your iPhone or iPad is pretty easy, there are a few things that you should keep in mind.
First thing, you must understand that you can send iMessage to only iOS users, either it could be an iPhone or iPad. If you send an invisible message to an Android device, it will surely fail. You must keep this in mind.
Secondly, you must know that only devices with iOS 10 or later versions his capability. If you are using an iOS device with older versions, I’m sorry to say you won’t be able to have access to this feature, unfortunately, and there is nothing you can do about it. Also, I want to mention that both the sender and the receiver must have an iOS version more than 10 or later. The rule is not only for the sender.
If you are wondering how to send a picture with invisible ink on an iPhone, all you have to do is,
- Launch the iMessage app on your iOS device.
- Select the contact you send to send a message.
- Select an image from your gallery or capture a new photo with the camera.
- After that, comment down a small text like “Hi” or “Hello” and then tap on hold the send button.
- Finally, select the “Invisible Link” and click the “Sent” button to send the message.
And that is it.
The process of sending an invisible message via iMessage is pretty much the same for both text and picture messages, but the only difference here is that you need to add the photo plus write a short comment to send the message, or else, you won’t be able to do to it.
What is the purpose of sending an invisible message on iMessage?
There are three main reasons for sending an invisible message on iMessage, and they are:
- Fun conversation: If you have to have a funny conversation with your friend, colleague, or your fiance, invisible messages are pretty useful. Both you and the receiver will have a good time scratching the funny text or picture messages to spend a weekend.
- Secret conversation: If you want to send a secret code message to your co-worker that you want others to see, you can use the invisible message feature on your iPhone or iPad.
- Private conversation: If you want to have a romantic chat with your partner which is extremely private and you don’t want to appear for others except your partner, an invisible message on your iPhone could come in handy at this time.
There could be various purposes for using an invisible message on your iPhone, but I have highlighted the three main parts.
Do invisible link messages disappear?
No, invisible ink messages don’t disappear after the receiver sees it after scratches it. Instead, it’ll stay as a normal text or picture message without getting disappeared.
Some people who use invisible ink messages for the very first time may have this question about disappearing and the answer to that question is NO. The message will be saved in your inbox until you manually delete it. I hope this clears some doubts on this one.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Absolutely, Yes. You can easily send a picture with an invisible ink on your iMessage app but you’ll have to write a short comment down the photo to send the message. Without a comment, you can’t send a picture with invisible ink on iMessage on your iPhone or iPad.
There are various reasons for using invisible ink messages on iPhones but the most common is privacy. With this useful, you can easily hide the message from others.
You can send disappearing photos via Facebook Messenger by enabling the vanish mode app. Once the receiver views your message, it’ll automatically vanish from the chat.
Currently, there is no way to send disappearing photos or videos on iMessage; however, we may get this feature in future updates from Apple.
Having a secret conversation is quite helpful in many ways and one of the best ways to do that in an iPhone is via invisible message. If you have wanted to know How To Send Invisible Messages Using iMessage, I’m sure you may have learned the process in this quick and easy-to-understand post.
If you have any other questions about iPhone, do let me know in the comments below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank You!
Since 2014 I have been writing about tech and helping others to fix tech issues related to Android, Windows, iOS, Chromebook, and more.
I love to help others to fix any technical issues they might be facing.