With more than 1.3 billion active users, Facebook Messenger is one of the most used messaging apps. The platform allows people to talk to each other, send photos and videos to each other, make voice and video calls, and even play games. But sometimes, the messenger stops working, and people wonder if the messenger is down right now.
When any social media platform ceases to work, it frustrates its users. And often, the reason behind the nonworking of such platforms is not known. There can be many reasons why messenger stops working, and server outage is the most common reason behind it. But how to know if the messenger is down right now?
In this article, we’ll tell you if Messenger is Down Right Now – Why Is Facebook Messenger Not Working?
Why Is Facebook Messenger Not Working?
Server outage is not the only reason why your messenger is not working. There are other reasons as well. Here are some of the most common reasons the Facebook messenger may not work.
- Problems with the internet connection: You can’t use Messenger if you’re not connected. Ensure your Wi-Fi or cellular data is on, and the connection is stable. Also, keep an adequate internet speed for the flawless working of Facebook Messenger.
- Outdated App: If you haven’t updated your Messenger app to the most recent version, it might not work. Updates are released to fix previous glitches and errors. If you don’t update the app regularly, those glitches and errors will not be removed, and the app may not work. Open the app or play store and see if there are pending updates to Facebook Messenger.
- Server Maintenance: Facebook may sometimes have to stop the Messenger servers for server maintenance. You won’t be able to use the app during this time. Most of the time, these maintenance times are planned and posted on Facebook or Twitter.
- Bugs and errors: Like any other app, Messenger may have bugs and errors that make it stop working. If this is the case, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing the cache and data, or contacting Facebook support for help.
Is Messenger Down Today – How To Check Messenger Server Status?
One of the reasons why your messenger may not be working is a server outage. Sometimes there are glitches and errors on the server, which makes the app unable to be used. However, before checking the server status of Messenger, you should check if the issue is not at your end.
Before checking the Facebook messenger’s server status, ensure you have the following.
- Updated App
- Stable Internet Connection
- Adequate Internet Speed
If all the above criteria are met, here are some ways to check the Facebook server status.
1. Check Facebook’s Official Page Or Twitter Account:
When Messenger isn’t working, it can be frustrating not to know when it will be fixed. But there are a few things you can do to figure out if the problem is with Messenger or just with your device. You can start by looking at Facebook’s official page or Twitter account. Facebook usually updates its official pages about planned maintenance or outages. Check these pages to see if there are any known problems with Messenger.
2. Use 3rd Party Websites:
You can also use third-party sites like DownDetector and IsItDownRightNow to see if Messenger is down. These sites keep an eye on popular websites and apps like Messenger and can let you know if the app is having problems.
Just click on the link, and you’ll be redirected to the server status page of Messenger. There you can see the live status of servers of Facebook Messenger. You can also report on the platform that you are facing downtime on Messenger. The platform will check the servers and upload them on the website.
3. Ask On Social Media:
If you are facing downtime on Messenger, then there are possibilities that others are facing the same issue. You can bring it on the internet on platforms like Reddit and Quora or other social media apps. This can help you determine if the problem is common or just on your device.
What To Do If Messenger Is Down?
If Messenger is not working for you and the issue is not at your end, you can do nothing other than wait. If all the things mentioned above are correct, i.e., a good internet connection and updated app, then maybe the servers of Messenger are not working.
So, if the servers are not working, then there’s nothing you can do. The servers will be restored to normal by the company as soon as possible. For now, you can resort to other social messaging apps like WhatsApp.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you have other doubts regarding the topic, refer to the following questions.
Sometimes Messenger servers don’t work correctly, which is why your Facebook Messenger is not working today. Check the live status of the servers of Messenger from the websites mentioned above.
As mentioned above, some third-party websites tell you the live status of Facebook Messenger servers and outages. So refer to those websites to check if the Messenger servers are down or not. Two such sites are mentioned above.
There may be many reasons why your Messenger got crashed. One such reason is a server error. Check the live status of the servers of Facebook Messenger from the websites mentioned above.
It becomes frustrating when any messaging app stops working. One of the many reasons behind this issue is the server outage. There are many ways to find the live server status of such messaging apps. Some of the methods are mentioned above. Use them to check the live status of Facebook Messenger, and in case of any doubt, do let us know in the comment section below.