Artificial Intelligence is taking over the world. Just after the release of the PaLM AI model, OpenAI, the creator of ChatGPT, announced its newest version of the AI model, GPT-4. With such an early release, people are questioning how to get GPT-4 access and how it differs from its predecessor.
We are all aware of the power of ChatGPT. But what if I tell you there’s a lot to come? ChatGPT currently runs on GPT-3 AI model, and it is being upgraded to GPT-4 AI model, which is far more advanced than its predecessor. But what are all these GPTs, and how do they work?
In this article, we’ll tell you all about GPT-4 AI model and how to get GPT-4 access right now.
What Is GPT-4 AI Model?
Announcing GPT-4, a large multimodal model, with our best-ever results on capabilities and alignment: https://t.co/TwLFssyALF pic.twitter.com/lYWwPjZbSg— OpenAI (@OpenAI) March 14, 2023
It is the latest version of OpenAI’s GPT series, which uses machine-learning techniques to create text that sounds like a person wrote it. It is thought to be one of the most advanced language models available.
A natural language processing (NLP) AI, like Siri or Alexa, can do a wide range of tasks involving language. NLP means voice assistants that can understand what you say and do what you ask them to do.
If you don’t understand how we’re already on number 4 when ChatGPT just came out at the end of last year, let me explain: Since 2018, OpenAI has been putting out GPT language models.
When ChatGPT, its chatbot product, came out in 2022, the most advanced model was GPT-3, the third release. GPT-4 is Open AI’s newest and most potent large language model, but if you only have free access to ChatGPT, you’re still using the GPT-3 model.
Is GPT-4 AI Model Free To Use?
As mentioned earlier, OpenAI will not soon give free access to GPT-4 through its ChatGPT chatbot. So, the GPT 4 AI is not free for now. But, there’s a hope that the GPT 4 will become free as the company said: “that it hopes to offer some amount of free GPT-4 queries to free tier users sometime in the future.”
How To Access GPT-4 AI Model?
OpenAI has released its premium customer’s access to the GPT-4 AI model. That means that if you want to use OpenAI’s latest model, you must pay $20 per month. Here’s how you can get it:
- First, use this link to the ChatGPT website and sign in to your account. If you don’t already have an account, make one.
- Once logged in, the “Upgrade to Plus” option will appear in the bottom left corner. Just click it.
- Next, click the green “Upgrade plan” button under ChatGPT Plus in the pop-up that appears.
- You must enter your payment information and billing address on the next page in the right pane. Click the “Subscribe” button once you’ve filled in the information.
- After you pay, you will be a subscriber to ChatGPT+. Now it’s easy to use the new GPT-4 and older AI models. To start, choose “GPT-4” from the drop-down menu on your screen.
- You can now type your questions into the text box on the right pane and talk to the GPT-4-powered ChatGPT chatbot, which is more innovative and more powerful.
How’s GPT-4 Different From GPT-3?
With the release of the GPT 4 AI model, people are excited to use it. But what exactly is the difference between the two? Let’s examine the main differences between GPT-3 and GPT-4 and how the newest version can help you make better content.
- Problem-Solving Skills: GPT-4 steps up its game by having a more comprehensive range of general knowledge and being able to solve harder problems more accurately. Say hello to an AI friend who is even brighter!
- Enhanced Creativity and Collaboration level: GPT-4 takes creative collaboration to a new level. From making songs to writing screenplays, it can help you develop ideas, edit them, and try new things. Plus, it teaches your writing style so you can work together smoothly.
- Image Inputs and Outputs: GPT-4 can take images as inputs and turn them into captions, classifications, and analyses. It goes beyond text. It’s like having your own art critic and museum director with you!
- Elaborative skills: With the ability to handle more than 25,000 words of text, GPT-4 opens up a wide range of options, such as creating long-form content, having long conversations, and searching for and analyzing documents. Prepare yourself to take on those big projects!
- Deep Learning: GPT-4 builds on the research done in GPT, GPT-2, and GPT-3. It uses even more data and computation to make language models that are smarter and better at what they do. AI looks like it will have a better future than past.
That’s all about the GPT-4 AI model released by OpenAI for its chatbot, ChatGPT. It is an upgraded version of GPT-3. It is more powerful and enhanced as compared to its predecessor. But, the model is not free and charges around 20$ per month.
You must buy the ChatGPT+ subscription to access the new GPT-4 AI model. The process is mentioned above. In case of any doubt, do let us know in the comment section below.